Saturday, May 31, 2008

Why, Thank You, Thank You!


Brief note, if I may be so bold: I WON! There was a caption contest on Itty Bitty Kitty Committee (you many need to scroll down past some eye-wateringly precious kitten portraits to "And the Winner Is....") which (I bet you could guess this) I won! The picture is Jerry Lee (with the tongue) and Lovell, the orange dreamsicle.

If you're not on to this website - consider yourself educated now. Laurie, the proprietor, is hands- ... erhm ... PAWS-down the most gifted Picture-Takerer of kittens on this side of the Universe, and I peek in on those adorable mites of kittenness every single day.

Thanks, caption voters! Oh...my prize? a tenderly-warmed heart every day for the rest of the year, guaranteed! I AM a winner! (You can have it too, check it out!)

Editor's Note: two days after this, because of internal problems that could not be taken care of, little Jerry Lee had to be helped by the loving vet to cross the Rainbow Bridge. I love the proprietors of Itty Bitty Kitty Committee and absolutely know that if there were ANYthing that could have been done, it would have been done. No barriers of expense or time would've had any effect. They gave Jerry Lee a day of pure bliss and joy (including playing in the big outside, something Indoor Kitties never have) before allowing him to cross the Rainbow Bridge. I'm going to donate to our Shelter - partly in Jerry Lee's name, partly to honor those loving, caring people in Washington.

No comments: