Thursday, March 13, 2008

I am a...

WEINER! oh wait, no....just had an Oscar Mayer moment. What I actually am is, I am a WINNER! I always read my favorite black-kitty blog: Stumbling Over Chaos and one fun thing Chris does is, she keeps track of blogs who are having contests of various kinds. (She also posts the bestest pictures of her black kitties, Chaos and Mayhem, who provide droll comments on her life!)

So anyway, there was a contest on naming blogs that we particularly enjoy, and that was impossible -- very hard -- very tricky, on account of I read several every day and love them all!

NOTE: in fact, each of my faves has their list of THEIR faves, and I can spend hours linking and linking and laughing and enjoying and BOY do I lurve this whole innernets thing. But I digress. (No, REALLY, Dale-Digression-Harriet??)

So anyway, there's one blog which I've mentioned before, and Marilyn is not a knit-blogger but is an amazing creative artistic paper-toy-making children's illustrator, so I recommended The Toymaker . OH - the blog having the contest {New Favorite Blog Warning!} is Becka's Project Journal . She sews and knits and makes lovely things and has a shop and...well, don't listen to me, check it out!

So - I won a Shimmering Sheepy Pin, and I'm somewhat unaccustomed to winning anything, and this is Major Exciting, believe you me! Now that I've provided you with some terrific places to go play, I'll accept your thanks! I repeat, I LURVES ME SOME INNERNET!!

5 comments:

Iron Needles said...

Yea for you! And yea for winning! Congratulations, and enjoy your booty!

Molly Bee said...

You go girl! I'll expect to see your new loot at Knit Night next week!

Anonymous said...

Yay you! Congrats! Hey, wanna help me win something? Go here, http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/socktopia/91712/101-125#101 and vote for my socks, please? I could win some kicking orange and purple sock yarn. The reason I want to win it is on my blog, I won't rehash it here.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your blog, and I was just catching up a bit when I saw the reference to Cecil - could he possibly be the guy who made Cecil's Sandals somewhere off of State Street back when I was a kid??? (By this, I mean like 30 years ago...) You were the bomb if you had Cecil's sandals...

Nora

dale-harriet said...

Thank you, Ladies - and yarndork - you got it! And knotmuch? Pleasedtermeetcha; went to read YOU too and I sense a kindred-spiritness going on (I'm a gonnabe writer too, I decided This is the Year!) We orter compare notes! (OH, and Molly? You bet I'll wear my delightful prize!)