Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sorting Out ---

OK, time to take care of some Administrative details. PRIMUS: the contest! The winner, as mentioned before, was *RANDI*. Now, it seems she hasn't a blog; anyway, I haven't been able to figure out how to get in touch with her! So Randi, if you're still reading, PLEASE get in touch with me (click on "email me" in my Profile) and I will forward your dazzling array of prizes!

In the event that I somehow do not hear from her by Sunday, June 15, the prizes will go to the second and third runners-up. (Yes, it IS "runnerS-up", not "runner-ups"; you're dealing with a professional here. See illustration.)

SECUNDUS: I'm not proud - I can tell you all earnestly that the comments following my little letter to Willie touched me about as much as anything has for a long time. Thank you. I've mentioned before - this, my 65th year, is the year I mean to Publish. When I said that, I was meaning pretty much my little kidstories or some such....Son #1 actually read it (and may I add, he's NOT a usual reader of knitblogs) and encouraged me to "send it to someone, Mom - heck, 'Readers' Digest'!" for wider readership.

Now, I wrote it for one reason and one reason only. No - two reasons. I wrote it to tell Willie about this historical thing that's happening, and I wrote it for ME, for the blog, because I've been thinking it for a very long time. I guess it is "timely", and I may send it off somewhere, but the other side of the coin is that it's really for HERE. So we'll see. But to everyone who commented, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't one of the commenters on your letter to Willie but i read it over and over and I cried every time.

Molly Bee said...

By all means! I agree with your son! It needs to be out there somewhere!