Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering.........

When something saddens me I cry; as I cry, I become overcome by the memories of every tear I've shed for every sadness, marching backward through time.

Today - with all of America - I think back seven years and I cry. Then I think of the JFK,and Bobby Kennedy, and Martin Luther King, Jr., and cry. Then I think of lost friends, lost pets, and cry.

Then I remember 1963, when the submarine Thresher sank, all hands aboard; that year the Pope died as well, and I lost my beloved father, just after midnight on Christmas Day.

Today, for me, a day of retrospection and tears. I do believe they make us all stronger, these tear-filled memories. I'll carry on. Tomorrow.

3 comments:

Molly Bee said...

Hi DH! I can so relate to this post. Memories make me cry on a daily basis now and all of the memories that I won't be making that I thought I would do to. Hang in there.

Marty52 said...

Those memories will always make us stronger, as a human and as a nation.

Flymaine said...

Hi Dale! Memories are wonderful, even sad ones. They remind us to be human, compassionate, and hopeful. Hope the days ar filled with more joy! - Dale